These are instructions for installing CAREWare 6 on a new server. For instructions on upgrading CAREWare 6 to the newest build, click here. For instructions on upgrading a CAREWare 5 server to CAREWare 6, click here.
To install CAREWare 6:
- Download the CAREWare Business Tier and HTTP Server here.
- Run the CAREWare Business Tier and CAREWare HTTP Server installation files listed under the build number.
- Install a SQL Server database instance for CAREWare 6 using the CAREWare Setup here.
- Create the CAREWare database by running the queries here on the CAREWare instance that was created. Click here to download a clean backup file used to create the database if there isn't a current CAREWare database backup for the organization.
- Configure the database connection string by following the instructions here.
Note: In this case the server name is CWHD1 and the database instance name is CAREWare6. The password is for the login cwbt in the CAREWare database. The default password is CWtemp100%.
- Once the database connection string is complete, save the file.
Note: Make sure the file is saved as an XML file and replaces the original file.
- Verify the CAREWare Business Tier Service and CAREWare HTTP Services are running in
- If the services are not started, start the CAREWare Business Tier Service first, and then start the CAREWare HTTP Service.
- Install Message Queuing by following the instructions here.
- Open a browser and enter the URL http://localhost:8080/careware/rs/index.htm to log in.
CAREWare 6 connects on port 8000 and to the CAREWare database identified in CW Admin.
CAREWare 6 includes options for setting a unique URL and setting additional security features by using the HTTP Server Setup. Click for instructions for the HTTP Server Setup.